eBay short shifters

Matt MA MA@legacypartners.com
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:48:04 -0600

I've had both the Stillen one (metal ball) and the Pacesetter one
(plastic ball). Even when adjusted to it's shortest setting, the
Pacesetter throws are not as short as the Stillen one, just by a little
bit.

The feel is very different though. The Stillen one feels very direct,
while the Pacesetter one feels slightly more sloppy. The problem I had
with the Stillen one was this buzz from the metal ball that I could not
get rid of, despite liberal use of grease. YMMV.

I've tried the B&M short shifter, and that one felt very nice - short
throws with a very connected feel. It has a metal ball, and supposedly
it uses some kind of metal that is self lubricating? I don't know how
that works, but that's what I was told.

If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't mind trying the eBay ones
for $20. Just make sure you grease the metal ball.

matt ma . 92 SE-R