sprung a leak :(

Julian julian.hancock@amd.com
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:46:36 -0600

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu wrote:
>One of my buddies here said it could be the power steering too.... Now I just
>have to determine if it's from a line or the rack.... Considering that the boot
>is off and the lower half of the boot is covered while the top half is dry....
>not looking so good for the rack :(  Hope it doesn't cost much if I need a new
>one.

Khiem,

Like Mr. Jez said, check the resevoir hose.  Many of the PS hoses get loose
with age, I've had to tighten them down on a few SR20s.  Don't worry too
much
about the PS boot, those fall apart with age too.  Swapped them a few
times as well, never a problem with the steering rack itself.
*tip* If the big end of the boot isn't stretching enough to slip onto the
rack a hairdryer will soften it up some.

-Julian
'92 NX turbo & '92 SE-R