93 SE-R CAT-Back

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:43:08 -0600

I have to say I'm _really_ fond of the quality
of the Stromung mid/silencer combo.  I believe
it might only be 2.25" though.  I know it's a
2.5 right off the cat, and IIRC, it does as good
on the dyno as anything else made for an NA car.

I'm also relatively certain Greg V. over at Mossy
has them in stock, and I think his price was pretty
competitive, IIRC (A few months back :))

The most expensive part of the Stromung cat-back
is the muffler section.  Beautiful, but pricey at a little
over $300.  I'd still say it sounds better than everything
else I've heard, and flows quite well - the Stromung
stuff is also full stainless.

I'd also add that if your welding pipes up for your
own, JC Whitney is great on 2.5" mandrel bends.

I got 4 of those, used 2 for a dual header-back
system on the tow/plow vehicle and used the third
for hacking up some decent looking tips.

Best yet, the aluminized steel lasts pretty good and
welds with the cheapest welder money can buy
- el crapola Cambell Hausfield 80 amp flux core.
$299 at Walmart, IIRC.

Oh yeah, I also used about 6' per side of 14 gauge
aluminized pipe and a pair of those very nice
sounding, and good flowing Edelbrock mufflers.

Still cheaper to buy it made if you don't have
a welder, and faster too, although a local shop
wanted $5-$600 using my mufflers - chuckle.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.