sprung a leak :(

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:35:52 -0600

At 06:06 PM 11/13/2003 -0600, spdracer@mail.utexas.edu wrote:
>  I thought it was oil at first.  Coming from the passenger side.  There's
> fluid all over the right control arm and the lower side of the tie-rod
> boot (the top half is dry).  Some of the fluid seemed reddish when I
> wiped it off of the

Sounds like a power steering leak (auto-tranny fluid in there.)  Lisa's NX
did this just last month, and had all the same stuff oiled down that you
mention, plus the fire wall was wet.  On hers, the pressure line sprung a
leak -- that's the fat rubber jacketed line that runs from the hard-line
union on the strut tower down to the PS pump.

The power steering system is at its highest pressure when the steering is
cranked all the way to one side.  Have someone hold it there while you look
around for leaks.  Just don't touch any lines with your hands -- there
might be enough pressure to give yourself an ATF injection (standard
caution for hydraulic system work.)

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '92 SE-R (in boxes & bags)