Rod bearing replacement update.

Ben Fenner fenfam@sc.rr.com
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:13:48 -0600

Everything is going smooth as butter, I now have the rod caps out with their
respective bearings out as well. Bearings 1, 2, and 4 look decent, but boy
did I destroy bearing 3... Anyway, I was wondering how one tells the
color/grade of the bearings by looking at them? I can't get a visual on the
first counterweight of the crank to read the numbers off of it, so I don't
have much to go on. The rod caps themselves are numbered:

 4-1 (NISSAN symbol) X

X being a variable number. I have two caps that read number 2, a cap that
reads 1, and a cap that reads 3. Does this help at all? Now that I think
about it. It probably doesn't help =/

Also, the bearings themselves have NISSAN written on them, followed by two
lines of numbers. Maybe that means something?

As far as I'm concerned, I have all "no color" bearings. But that doesn't
sound right. Any help?

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R