Advice for rod bearing replacement/gasket removal

Brian bkoko001@yahoo.com
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:24:26 -0600

Don't know if you've ever tried it but I've used a
gasket remover product that comes in an aerosol can to
remove gaskets with good success.  Can't remember the
exact brands but I've used 2 different ones.  They
were both labeled "GASKET REMOVER" and they instruct
you to spray on, wait about 15 min, and then scrape
off with a plastic putty knife or gasket scraper, etc.
Brian
92 SE-R
93 SE-R auto 2600lb paperweight

"Anyone know of a solvent that ultra-black/grey type
stuff
hates?  Gasoline, tourmaline, turpentine, all did
something,
but it still takes forever."