Starter squeal -- Easy on Car Fix.

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:15:51 -0600

"You can lubricate the starter without removing it from the car. Get the car
on jackstands, locate the 3 I believe 8mm
bolts on the passenger side of the starter, these bolts go the length of the
starter. Loosen these bolts up, the starter will split in half. lubricate
the gears heavily with some kind of axle grease. Install your bolts after
lubing the gears, your done.  total time, 5 minutes if you have the car on
floorjacks.  Beats the heck out of removing the starter."

Darren
91 Classic
02 Spec V

Hmm, gonna try that when I get the chance before I do anything else. Thanks
for the info.

Ray S
98 Sentra SE w/mods