Red Stripe Recall Notice

Omer Farooq Khan ohmfab@comcast.net
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:22:50 -0600

> What got my immediate attention was the Reason for the Recall. "There
> is a possibility that certain egine operating conditions may cause
> damage to the pre-catalyst. Material from inside a damaged pre-catalyst
> could enter the engine and result in increased oil consumption. If

Manufacturers are dealing with cold start emissions in many ways, Nissan
decided to stuff the precats just six inches from the exhaust ports -- talk
about restriction.

Aside from the free Nissan fixes, there is a relatively easy permanent fix
to the pre-catalyst problem if they have not blown up already -- just buy an
aftermarket exhaust header.  No more precats and uncorking the extra 12 or
more hp would be a fun bonus.

Omer F. Khan
'92 White SE-R w/ mods
www.ohmfab.com