Normal Oil Pressure?

Justin McClanahan mcclanah@email.arizona.edu
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 08:47:36 -0600

Steve, I don't know if you've tried this yet on any of your dyno runs, but the
rockers will actually lock up at lower oil pressure too.  With just a slight
blip of the throttle at idle, they'll lock up and switch over.  When testing I
had them on the big lobe all the time and it would actually stay on the larger
cam, even at idle.  It was loping like a crazy cammed V8. =)  Still wish I had
a sound clip of it, it's pretty funny, especially on a "family sedan."

Justin McClanahan
95 G20 w/ VVL

Quoting Steve Foltz <stevefoltz@hotmail.com>:

 Mike J wrote:
 >Yeah but thats to Kick in the VTEC :P It requires that much oil psi to lock
 >in all rocker arms on the high profile cam lobe :)

 My point was that 65-75psi is not too high.  Lots of engines have more then
 the 10psi per 1000rpms rule.  That is more of a minumum.