Normal Oil Pressure

Scott_Higashi@necelam.com Scott_Higashi@necelam.com
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:14:45 -0600

Just an update...

I checked my new Autometer gauge against a known good regulated pressure
source and it reads true.

Today I checked the FSM and it states that over 11 psi at idle and XX? to
57 psi at 3200 RPM is spec.  I have about 18 or so psi now at idle when
warm and about 58-60 psi at 3200 so it looks as if my engine has nice and
tight bearing clearances and should be happy.

I'll be glad when this weekend is over though...  I'll be flogging the car
at Buttonwillow instructing for a NASA Miata Club driving school.  First
time the car will have been on a track following my recent engine
swap-o-rama marathon following a spun bearing a couple of months ago.

Wish me luck!

-Scott