Distributor Cap and Rotor

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:17:34 -0600

At 03:04 PM 11/5/2003 -0600, Slamtry wrote:
>I realized yesterday that I have never changed the distributor cap or
>rotor on my Classic. And I've had it for 50,000 miles. Is this a bad
>thing? The car seems fine. Is this one of those things that one changes
>mainly for pre-emption?

I usually change 'em every 3 or 6 years just for the heck of it.  But they
usually show little or no wear.  Only one I've seen "go bad" was actually
low mileage.  It developed corrosion on the coil tower and apparently the
extra resistance made it heat up and crack apart.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '92 SE-R (in boxes & bags)