Engine Removal Tips/Help....LONG!

Steve sth@orcacom.net
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:40:36 -0500

Hey gang. Can anyone give me a few pointers or point me to a site that deals
with the following? My 1 owner 91 Classic decided to snap the intake cam out
of the blue at 125,XXX miles. Man, I maintained this car as if my life
depended on it. After finding 3 broke valves and a very nasty gouge in a cyl
wall, I just went with a "Low Mile" JDM motor. Got it for $400 which I hear
people in here sometimes refering to much cheaper motors, But this outfit is
the only one out of the bunch that did not try to rape me on frieght. $95 from
down past Miami to Oklahoma City seems pretty fair to me, Plus, I have a
somewhat rough 92 high mile classic that I gave $200 for with a throrwn rod,
He said he could ship both engines on the same pallet for the same price. I
called the trucking co. to see if this was true and it was, That is a
incredible deal in my opinion. Now that I have bored you to tears with this BS
here is my question(s), What is the best, worst, easiest way to pull the
engine? I would perfer not to pull the tranny if I could get away with it.
Sigh, I miss my old roomates house where we had a lift. When I helped a friend
start a Nissan salvage yard, we used to put the car on the lift, Remove all
that needed to be from the engine/tranny under the car and let the car down on
a heavy duty cart. Then, Just undo the remaining stuff and lift the car back
up while the engine stayed on the cart, Fast,Easy, And totally unavailable to
me right now.

So, I beg of anyone, How about a little virtual help? :) I just dont see how
there is room to pull the engine far enough forward to get it off of the input
shaft on the tranny.

Many Thanks In Advance.

(Hey George , I can ship you a case of your beloved Shiner Bock if ya help me
;)

Steve ( havent driven my SE-R in 7 Months)

91 SE-R Triple clean with a few mods. Just doesnt run mod being the most
noticeable:p
92 SE-R  Ugly and Broke
94 SE-R Bought cheap, gave to Mom.