high tech brake fluid question

Jim Crate jcrate@deepskytech.com
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:03:13 -0500

>Here is more information on the equipment:
>http://www.cscscientific.com/html/aqua.html

>Since one of our largest areas of use for this is testing transformer oil, I
>figured that testing brake fluid would be relatively simple.

I'm not a chemist or engineer, but simply a computer nerd.  However, I'd think
this equipment won't work at all with brake fluid.  The reason it works with oil
is that the oil does not absorb the water.  Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which
means it absorbs the water so it cannot accumulate anywhere in the braking
system.

it might work on motor oil, though.

But then again, I've (occasionally) been wrong before... :)

Jim