Ball joints & Tie rods

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:46:39 -0500

Hey y'all...

I was wondering if anyone has had much trouble with ball joints of tie rod
ends on our cars?  I'm doing a suspension rebuild on Lisa's NX, including
struts, ball joints, E.S. bushings, powder coated control arms, yada yada...

I was a little surprised to find the ball joints in BAD shape.  One has
about 0.025 - 0.040" of slop in it.  And the boots on the tie-rod ends are
pretty well fried.  But I don't recall ever hearing much trouble with these
parts on the list.

I had already purchased new ball joints, and I think I'm gonna' pull the
tie-rods off the parts car (89K vs 173.)  But I'm curious to hear any one
else's experience with this stuff.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car