AC on Power Increase

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 01:30:02 -0500

AC makes the car run hotter by putting more strain on the engine, also the
condenser infront of the car is HOT- try touching the condenser and see what
it feels like after lets say a hour of AC driving. The hot condenser heats
up ambient air going over the radiator more with the AC on than off. I think
the ECU only bumps the Idle up some more to keep the engine from stalling. I
haven't had AC in my SE-R for a long time, and I know there was no diff with
the AC button ON or OFF other than higher idle. Compressor kicks off under
WOT in a Classic- newer cars its based on engine load- if U need to get up a
hill and got the AC on... it will shut it off automatically- some people are
scared to WOT their cars and redline em as hard as that is to belive.
Sometimes I get into customer cars and WOT them and I can see the person
drives like a pussy cause all the carbon in the exhaust shoots out nasty
clouds of smoke when I WOT a car that has never been WOTed before.
Mike Jez