Valve cover gasket leak/ metal bits.

Lawrence Weeks dev@anabasis.net
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:34:52 -0500

Once upon a time (Wed Sep 03), Peter Serwe wrote:

> FSM'll show me whether or not it's ultra black or a gasket and
> ultra black.

Ultra Grey, plus the gasket. You can often re-use the gasket, if it
is still pliable.

> The only think I dread, really, is shelling out the $500+ for a
> new set of cams, bearings, and shims...

You don't need bearings, there are none. If the cam journals are
damaged, you are SOL. Also very unlikely you need new shims or
anything else other than cams, should need cams, unless the dying
cam took something else along for the ride.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks@anabasis.net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd