Spec-V Blown Head Gasket

Wes Thompson westanizer@yahoo.com
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:51:24 -0500

No issues with mine.  I had the recall work done about 3 weeks ago.  Car runs
better than ever.  The recall doesn't require any head removal or anything like
that.  They do some tests on the pre cat to make sure it didn't go bad and then
they add a couple of heat sheilds and re-flash the ecu to lean the mixture out
a little.  They do have to remove the oil pan to get access to a bolt so they
include an oil change with the work.  The blown head gasket must be a
coincidence.  I haven't heard about too many head gasket issues but there have
been a couple.

Wes
02 V w/100k Gold Warranty