JWT PP Install

Omer Farooq Khan ohmfab@comcast.net
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:28:00 -0500

Hello everyone,

I just got done with my JWT PP and B15 Clutch Disc install and I have run
into a major problem.   I can feel the clutch disengaging when pressing the
pedal but it must not be disengaging all the way because I cannot get the
car into any gear with the engine running.   I can barely get the car into a
gear if I adjust the cable VERY VERY tight, basically preloading the
pressure plate, which I know is not good for either the PP or the throwout
bearing.

I have a quite new B13 clutch cable and have moved my clutch cable bracket
back by drilling new holes, basically for more adjustment.  The throwout
bearing I used was Nissan part number: 30502-53J05

Like an idiot I forgot to measure the height of the JWT PP fingers compared
with my old stock disc because I was in such a hurry to get things done as I
need the car.  Now it seems like I may have to take the entire thing apart
again which I won't have time to do for another couple weeks.... Damnit.

I know my throwout bearing has not come loose during the tranny install
because the clutch does feel smooth and the throwout bearing lever will not
move up or down.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Omer F. Khan
'92 White SE-R