Cornerweighting F/R percentages.

Justin McClanahan mcclanah@u.arizona.edu
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:23:12 -0500

You'd want the front driver and rear passenger wheels to weigh the same
as the front passenger and rear driver.  This helps you have similar
handling characteristics between left and right hand turns.  You can
adjust some better F/R weight distribution into the car, but at the
expense of an evenly adjusted car (ex. the back might be higher,
etc...).  I corner balanced my g20 and it didn't take me too long at
all.  I wish I had the paper handy and I'd give you an idea of the
weights.  But it was about 48.x and 51.x cross distribution.  F/R was
something around 63/64% F and 36/37% R.

All other constants the same, more front weight should make the car push
and more rear weight should make the car tail happy.  However factors
such as spring rate, shock/strut adjustments, tire pressure, etc... all
play a factor too.

Good luck!

Justin McClanahan
95 G20 w/ MAJOR gas issues
err, I mean none's available in Phoenix. :-(