Clutch Cable Adjustement

Aaron K se-r@limitedslip.net
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 03:26:27 -0500

> Try a 1.6 cable along with redrilling your clutch cable bracket.

First, this was my original post, and it wasn't quoted as such. No problem
really, it just seems like you were asking the same questions (thats what I
thought at first).

I have already modified the bracket, in this case i welded a 3/4" spacer on to
the back of the bracket to move the cable back - either way works.

My problem is not that I don't have enough adjustment, its just that if i
tighten it up any more to move the engagement point back up a bit, it'll be
putting a constant pressure on the throwout bearing and pressure plate -
probably not that good for wear.

Aaron