First time modifications - Suspension

uy's mystical@houston.rr.com
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:08:22 -0500

Hello list!
    This is my second posting on this list, so please excuse any breach of
email ettiquette :)
    Any way, my first post had to do with what i should modify first on my
newly purchased used-200sx se-r '95. After several responses I realized that I
should attempt suspension first.
    My intentions are modest: daily driven vehicle with excellent roadhandling
( and perhaps a little juice in later stages). By far, GC coilovers + Kyb/agx
adjustables + Eibach springs combination always seems to come up the most on
lists/car enthusiast sites. I've searched for pricings and they seem to be
within my budget. I just would like to know if these are right for me, seeing
how I don't have any racing experience, nor will I be in the near future.
Seeing how it's for a daily driver, I would like it to be durable and
trustworthy.
    Also, if I were attempting to get it done, should there be any thing i
should consider first, like ride height, or ratios? I've read somewhere that
the '95 200sx se-r can't be lowered too much without adverse effects.
    I plan on getting a body kit, and larger rims in the distant future also,
so, from a scientific point of view, will suspension be influenced by wheel
size or any other modifications?
    I know I'm asking for a lot, but I figured that I should look at the whole
picture rather than just the specifics.
    Thanks to all in advance L|_|