Same question on two lists (was RE: Motor mount again?????????)

Slamtry slamtry@yahoo.com
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:23:17 -0500

Joe Stewart wrote:

>Why do a lot of you feel the need to spam two lists with the same
>question? Especially when most of us have no visibility to the second
>list? I have no idea if someone on the local list already told you what
>to do and you said "OK". We cannot follow the conversation that way.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason why I asked the same
question on the two lists was so that I would have access to as much
informed opinion as possible. Many people are subscribed to only one list.

If your concern is that you might duplicate a response posted to the other
list then you don't have to respond.

As regards following the conversation, you will be able to follow the one
that takes place on the list to which you are subscribed. Being on
separate lists, they would be separate threads. If you don't want to miss
anything that gets said on the subject, then you could subscribe to the
other list too.

Dan