Accidentally Desperately missing my SE-R

Neil.Hamilton@kctcs.edu Neil.Hamilton@kctcs.edu
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:14:36 -0500

Everyone,

I am normally a silent list member and have been for many years now, but I
must send out a plea to anyone and everyone.  About two months ago an 81
year old lady pulled out in front of me while I was doing about 55 MPH and
only about three car lengths in front of her.  Needless to say I didn't have
a whole lot of choice, either hit her head-on in the passenger side B pillar
which probably would have killed the poor blind lady or try to avoid her and
get the hell out of her way.  Well, I chose the later and swerved to go in
front of her which was my only avenue of escape and she never even slowed
down.  I managed to swerve to the right, thank God for suspension and brake
upgrades, and she nailed me directly in the drivers side B pillar on my car.
Well, this spun me counter clockwise and into the curb on the right side of
my car while the suspension was compressed.  The end result is a right side
suspension which is folded under the car, a completely destroyed drivers
side door, both front fenders, drivers quarter panel and passenger quarter
panel due to the suspension being compressed on impact.  The suspension
compression was both good and bad, bad for the car's passenger quarter
panel, but good in that it is the only thing that stopped the car from
flipping down a 75 foot ravine.  Those of you that love your cars as much as
I do mine can certainly understand how I must feel.  I was pissed off for
more than a week before I could bring myself to go look at the poor thing.
After taking pictures and inspecting the damage more closely I was very
thankful to be alive.  The only injury I sustained was a bruise to the bone
on my left elbow from the door when the drivers side intruded more than 8
inches into the passenger's compartment.  So, you see I am desperate need of
all struts, a right side control arm assembly, drivers door prefer in black
but at this point I will take what I can get, a drivers side quarter glass,
left front fender, complete right side rear suspension including the
stabilizer bar which is twisted like a pretzel and the only thing holding
the wheel to the entire thing to the car.  I don't have a lot of money, but
will be willing to pay whatever reasonable price you guys might feel is
appropriate for the needed parts if you have them.  An entire car with a
blown motor is preferable even if it has minor body damage.  I will manage
somehow to get it to Kentucky.  I have searched the internet for two months
now and I either hear I just sold it or the damn thing was 1900 miles away.

Please help out a dedicated Nissan and B13 enthusiast if you can.  I would
be forever grateful and in your debt.

Sincerely, Neil Hamilton

comtek9114u@hotmail.com

1992 Black Classic SE-R with over 8K in the motor, transmission, and
suspension.
Total amount reimbursed for the whole car from the insurance company
$2900.00 with 92K original showroom quality miles on it.  Stupid country
!@#$!#'s