Man Down, Man Down...

Josh Douglas yjosh@yahoo.com
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:06:07 -0500

Well Everyone-

Just needing to share and vent for a moment...

I just blew the motor in my 91 Classic. I'm the second
owner for just about a year now and loved every
minute. It's now dead at 139,xxx.

I can happily say that it went out doing what it was
meant to do...I was on one of those wonderful sunny
day blasts with the windows down and the roof open on
the back roads. After a blast to 120, I was slowing
down for a nice 90 degree sweeper. It popped as I down
shifted into 3rd and the revs came up to about 7000. I
heard the motor get loud for a minute and I instantly
knew...I did tip into the throttle just to be
sure....Yep, no power. I pushed the clutch and pulled
over. Luckily, a friend was right behind me, so I had
a ride home.

Now, she's sitting in her own blood in the parking lot
across the street. I'm not sure what I'm going to do
yet. It's knocking bad with oil all over the lower
timing side of the motor. I'm at college 475 miles
from home. So now i have to decide: Sell it, trailer
it the 475 miles home, or do a motor in the school
parking lot. Hmm....

I'm in the syracuse/rochester NY area. Anyone local
who might be interested in the car, or who has a
motor, I'd be interested to talk.

List, thanks for being here...

Josh
91 Classic