Database for Tires

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 14:29:40 -0500

With some help and advice from Brian, I think I've found part of the
problem. On the Dunlop A2's, there is the Dunlop "D" inside of an arrow
shaped symbol. My guess is that it shows the direction the wheel should roll
while going forward, provided it's mounted properly.

The front left tire(where all the noise is coming from) and the left rear
have the arrows going in the opposite direction... tread pattern is in a
different direction. Apparently, when the original owner bought the tires,
they were mounted incorrectly... since all I did on the LHS was move the
front to the back and vice versa.

I'm going to pull one of the "problem" tires and see if there is any other
information on the inside side of the tire, also. If the info is the same,
I'll have to take the car into a shop and get them to remount the tires in
the right direction.

So, I tightened the lug nuts too much, put extra stress on the rotors...
loosened lug nuts. Found out that maybe the LHS tires are mounted on the
wheels in the wrong direction. Gonna have a beer and hope that fixes
everything.

Thanks for all y'alls help... will keep you posted on the results.

Later,
Mark