Database for Tires?

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:06:19 -0500

At 09:43 PM 4/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I just rotated my tires(Dunlop 60 A2's). Now, the car is acting kind of
>squirrelly. I'm wondering if I did the rotation wrong. I went back to front,
>front to back with no cross overs.

That should be the least troublesome rotation you can do.  If you have
directional tread tires, it's the only way to go.

>Is there a database of tires or anyone with knowledge about whether the A2's
>should be rotated one way or another? Car is making a harsh sound when
>braking, also. Just had the brakes done less than 4k ago and the problem

www.TireRack.com has good tech and maintenance info.  I've had D60/A2s in
the past and I don't think they were even directional, so it's odd you're
having problems.   Maybe you have a bent wheel - might not have been as
noticeable on the back?  Also, did you tighten the lug nuts with a torque
wrench?  Unevenly or over-torqued nuts can warp brake rotors and cause
problems.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car