SE-R stolen. . .

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:14:51 -0500

Auto glass is one the highest resale items on a stolen car. If you have your
VIN etched in it, it cannot be sold by a chop shop (professional thieves) as
it is specific to your car. Not like unetched glass which can be re-sold and
used in any other car of the same make.

The reference is that if someone wants to take the car for a joy ride or to
steal the radio, phone, cds, etc. nothing will stop them. However, someone
who wants to steal the car to chop it down and sell the parts will think
twice about this car. As we all know anything with a VIN from a stolen car
is considered HOT and is very hard to re-sell.

Am I making sense?

Brian
p.s. - according to my ins. Comp it is akin to having Lojack or a dealer
installed kill switch in terms of discounts.

Etched glass stops thieves?  How so?

I must be missing the all-important reference.