clutch disk failure X3

Butterglry@aol.com Butterglry@aol.com
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 15:26:22 -0500

i need some input on this one guys, it has me stumped. i've had 3 clutch
discs fail in the last 5 weeks, and when i mean fail, i mean the sprung hub
has been ripped to pieces leaving the actual clutch material unscathed. first
the stock disc gave out so i replaced it with my spare ACT HD PP and disc
from my turbo car (still sitting on jack-stands w/ no motor in it). when the
first one gave out it goobered up the throw out bearing and case, so i had to
put a new bell housing on the tranny before reinstalling the it. that lasted
2 weeks and failed again! this time i bought a clutch kit from nissan and put
in my spare tranny just to try something different. again, it lasted about 2
weeks. there is no chattering and i dont drive this car hard, i only use it
to drive to and from work. there is also no play ont the input shaft and the
flywheel was properly torqued. im in the process of changing it out again and
this time im going to put in a spare flywheel too, its the only thing i can
think of that it might be. if anyone has any ideas please feel free to
express them at any time. if this doesnt work there will be a listing in the
classifieds for a 91 sentra for cheap!
thanks for the help
shawn
91 classic beater, clutch eater