Wheel,Tire, CombinationRe: Wheel,Tire, Combination

Jack Ray rjrjack@knology.net
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:12:44 -0500

Cowboy wrote:

>Rota Slipstream (8 finishes) or Subzero (7 finishes) 15x6.5" wheels, which
>are just about 12 pounds each (13.5 and 14.5 for 16") and commonly sell
>for $450 a set.  If you'd <snip>

I bought the Slipstreams, 15x6.5, 40 offset.  I like them.  I bought
Bridgestone
Potenza S-03 Pole Positions for them, and I have yet to see a weight on a
wheel. (and yes, they were balanced).There may be one or two, but I haven't
seen one yet.  What I'm getting at is they're well balanced from the factory,
and the tires are too.

And the old wheels  (15 x 16.5 TRW's) were 20 lbs per wheel, and they
definitely needed weights to balance.

One thing.  I have a classic (B13).  The caps that come with the wheel won't
fit
the front because the axle sticks out too far,  and maybe the back too,
haven't
even tried that.  So that looks kinda cruddy, with the axle sticking out, and
the
bronze colored cap showing in the back.   But even with that I like the look
of
them.  Classic simplicity, like the classic SE-R.

And they weight 12.5 lbs, exactly what they were advertised to weigh, and I
paid $450 for the set.

Jack Ray
94 SE-R