Bridgestone Tires: Narrowed it down to this brand

Omer Farooq Khan ohmfab@comcast.net
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 22:31:26 -0500

> Any comments, experience or other feedback is appreciated. At some point, I
> hope to Autox, but it mainly my around town zippy car. And, yes, I know I'll
> have to upgrade the wheels to 15's. I've been spotting some 15 x 7's, white
> and light, at some different tire/wheel sites.

I am running the S-03's in the 195/50/15 size on my classic, I don't think
anything bigger will fit.  The 195 S-03 is wider than the 205 Pirelli's I was
using before.   By far the BEST tire I have ever had and worth every penny.
The car is a daily driver and auto-x beast on the weekends.  I have had them on
for about 4 or 5 months and with regular rotations they wear very well for such
a sticky tire.

In the past I have run Yokohama AVS Intermediates as well as sticky Pirelli
P700Z's, and these bridgestones are by far the most grippy and predictable.  In
the wet they are amazing, the more water on the road the more you can feel them
pumping it away.  Braking is also quite improved, they lock up much later in
both wet and dry conditions than any tire I have used before.  I have the
AD22VF Brake upgrade with Frictiontech pads up front.

Hope my comments help.

Omer F. Khan
1992 White SE-R w/ evergrowing list of mods
www.ohmfab.com