Brake rebuild

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 17:25:26 -0500

Peter Serwe said:

> Last time I messed with installing them, I didn't have anything to twist
> the piston down in.

That's bad.

> What do I use for that?  Provided it's not prohibitively expensive..

Dad and I just found a socket that was the same OD as the space between
the key holes.  Then we welded a couple of bolts, small enough to fit into
the key holes, onto the outside of the socket.  Kaboom!  Speciallized
caliper piston cranker-thingie, works with 1/2" drive ratchet. ;)  Only
problem was that the sucker kept popping out; we may have to revise the
design some day...

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |