FSTB

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:25:38 -0600

Brian Cembor wrote:

>Traditionally, as I understand it, Solo2 was anything but run whatcha brung.

Traditionally as within the last 10 years or traditionally within the last
30 years? ;-)

>Nowadays running stock class at a National Level is big $$. The you get into
>the Prepared classes.. even more $$. Running DSP is more likely what you're
>suggesting... something I can fully prep for autox and trailer to and from.

Bullshit!

I think trailer queen autocross cars are the silliest things I've ever
heard of.  Furthermore, people who go out and buy a Swift DB1 (Formula
Ford) for autocross are nuts.  Go racing if you can buy one for crying out
loud!

>However I am in STS.. the most Run Whatcha Brung class there is.

That is exactly the sort of class I was addressing.  If I was serious about
autocross (OK, not trailer queen wacko serious), I'd have a spare set of
rear struts all set up and swap them out for the event.  That's about an
extra half hour (over swapping tires) if you haven't had your morning
caffeine yet.  Swapping in a stiffer rear swaybar wouldn't take long either
if everything is set up well.

>As far as stickier tires, I can't do much better than Azenis for my class

Then your first step in suspension mods should be front and rear STB.  That
should always be the first suspension mod where you cannot use a welded
cage to stiffen the chassis.

George Roffe
NISsport
http://www.nissport.com