FSTB

billc1@xecu.net billc1@xecu.net
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 06:24:07 -0600

> Brian Cembor said:

> > In talking with another LM... he was of the opinion that a FSTB hurts a
> > B-13 in an AutoX.

My experience with a B13 set up with stock springs and bars, ES bar bushings,
AGX (F:2/R:4), and a rear STB (from Mike Saiki):

When I added the front STB from Courtesy, the car did not rotate as readily as
it had before.  This change was very evident, even though I did not notice an
increase in rotation when I added the rear stut tower brace.  So, I suspect
that the FSTB is increasing the tendency to understeer much like a front sway
bar would.  This might not be exactly want you want in an autocross situation.

Hope this is helpful.

Bill Conner
1993
Classic