Was setting timing, now base idle

Josh Douglas yjosh@yahoo.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:37:15 -0600

Hey all-

Thanks for all the private replies on my timing
questions. I think I've got it now. I'm going to give
it another shot tommorow.

One more question/clarification...

One list member wrote:

"You probably need to adjust your base idle down by
screwing in the idle
adjust screw (which is a bit hard to locate, but can
be found on the
passenger side of the engine down low where you would
never expect to
see
it).  It's a screw, the head of which is about 3/8 of
an inch in
diameter,
that points striaght down (head straight up).

The base idle must be right before you set the timing.

Good luck."

This sounds like what I need to do. I do this with the
TPS Disconnected, correct?

Also, if my idle was 1600 with the TPS disconnected,
how was the TPS reducing the idle to 800? I'm
wondering how this process occurs, just for my
knowledge. I'm trying to learn....

Thanks for all the help all. It is much appreciated.

Josh
91 SE-R