Help setting timing

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:09:52 -0600

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 11:40:38AM -0600, Josh Douglas wrote:

> plug on the back of the Throttle Body, right?), My
> idle won't go below 1600. Is my idle set incorrectly?

Can't help there.  Slightly abbreviated directions, though:

 - Get engine warm.
 - Rev three times past 3000 RPM.
 - Remove TPS.
 - Set timing (19*) and idle (800? RPM) to taste.
 - Reconnect TPS.
 - Turn engine off.

Notice that you don't turn the engine off until the end.  Works like a
charm, takes half the time of the FSM proceedure.

> 1, right? which would be the second cylinder from the
> passenger side?

No, it's the cylinder *on* the passenger side. 1-2-3-4, as you're
looking from in front of the front bumper.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |