rear window defroster

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:54:44 -0600

VRtual boy wrote:

> Is there any way for me to glue this back on?  If so,
> is there a certain kind of glue I need to use?

Yes... and that glue is called solder.  The clip needs to still conduct
the electricity in order for it to work so normal glue wouldn't work.  I
had a similar situation and, after nearly lighting fire to my backseat
trying to solder it myself, brought it to the dealer where they soldered
it for $40

> am I totally screwed?

As a side note, if you want to replace that clip (which I figured would be
the easiest route to go) I was told that you need to replace the entire
windshield!

Lesson learned... don't screw with the defroster!  Mine's been soldered
fairly loosely and even with the 1.5-2 years of jaw-shattering harshness
between the suspension and the original Place motor mounts, the solder is
still holding up after about 3 years now.

kieran