Ground wire kits

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:19:06 -0600

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 08:50:32PM -0500, Jon Davis wrote:

> These sound like snake oil to me. The ECU in our cars has a separate ground
> plane for signals vs. power and switching. The only thing you could do to
> improve noise is careful wire routing, check crimps and ground points and if

It's not *just* about noise, and it does involve rerouting.  Remember
that SE-Rs seem to have an inherent problem with bad grounds... Anybody
heard of a MAF Sensor Reground Proceedure?

> you wanted to go to the nth degree, you could use some ultra shielded wire
> for the signals. I doubt that would even make a SOTP difference, the

I'd be inclined to agree if I hadn't seen dyno charts indicating a 3+
WHP gain, which is noticable (timing advance, WAI, cat-back, all in the
same power gain class).

> increase noise. The only thing I see them doing is providing a few extra
> millivolts to the starter while cranking. It might even help with a few

Look, I'm not an engineer, and I never claimed to be.  The only way to
know is to try it and document it.  Who's game?

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |