Cheap DIY EFI controller

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 09:01:38 -0600

Wow, the amount of work you've put into
that convinces me (at least) to call up JWT
and order a dyno-matched cam/ecu combo.

About what - max, about a day to install if you don't
know what your doing, and an ecu/cam mapped
for the power we seem to really like (top end)
with these engines...

What your doing sounds like fun, but it sounds
time-wise like a whole lot more than a thousand
dollars:)  Of course, I could say that about this
list, but I cherish every moment I spend with it,
and in no small part to the efforts of guys like you,
doing whacky insane stuff to get to the same place :P

I guess I'd also argue that spending thousands of
extraneous dollars on 'merely' transportation
convinces mostly all my friends (outside of the list)
know I'm nucking futz.

Good luck!  I'd like an efi system for a 4 cylinder
volvo-penta marine i/o motor, this buddy of mine
wants to inject his boat.  It's a 21' lobster boat, open
top (no wheelhouse), that can get 40mph SOG on the
gps, turning 4.8-5k rpm.  It's got a 500cfm marine holley
2bbl w/ an electric choke, but we'd like to slap an efi
system on it, and make the boys at the lobster boat races
cringe:)  The classing allows up to 150 hp in the class he races.

Stock, he's allegedly getting about 135, we think efi would make
just about that increase, or close enough to argue if someone tries
to contest, thing is, most of the guys competing in his class take
16' Boston Whaler and slap a 150hp 4-stroke 4cyl outboard on it.
Hard to beat that, for power to weight ratio when your racing in a
glass/wood boat, but between his hull design and weight distribution,
it's a wicked fast little craft.

Anyway...  I guess I digressed a bit OT. :P

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.