QR25 Header and passing emissions

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:20:15 -0600

Most of the inspection guys around hear
know what an exhaust leak on the header
sounds like and fail your inspection for it
according to Maine state law.  They don't
use a tailpipe check anywhere but Cumberland
county though, at last check.  I know their
not doing it up here in Knox as of yet.

The inspection guys in Colorado must not
have the state enforcement we have up here.

Every local inspection guy except 1 that I know
has gotten all kinds of heat for passing beaters
with a heater.  The local inspection guidelines
have been changed from 2 pages to well over 50
in the last couple years up here.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.