97 200sx se-r rear suspension questions...

Will Norton will_norton@hotmail.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:55:20 -0600

Ok so I got rid of the coil over set up on my car bumpy mich road helped
blow the AGx's I had on there with the GC springs.  I went back to the stock
springs & bump stops with a NEW set of AGX shows and now I have a weird
clunking noise coming from the passenger rear of the car.  I have taken the
hole rear assemble apart and put it back together with out finding anything
or solving my problem.   I went for a ride in the truck and the top of the
shock bolt and nut seem like they are moving a fair amount (more than I
would expect) on normal roads.  The noise is coincident with the motion of
the top of the shock and if definitely sounds like the passenger rear shock.

I searched on the Archives and found a similar AGX complaint but no
resolution.  Does anybody know what this is from??  I am worried that put
the suspension together wrong since I had ran the GC set up for a few years
and had to put the rears together by memory,but after taking them apart
again I didn't see anything obvious. Do I have a bad shock?? Any help
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Will