Fastbrakes

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:24:29 -0600

>I'm trying to find a panasport wheel that will clear these brakes (nothing
>short of complete custom panasports will clear) and I want the wheels more
>than the brakes so I (sadly) may be opting for the lowly NX upgrade.
>Just agreeing that the hype seems strong, and asking a question.
>Does anyone run panasports, and what brakes are you able to fit under

To shed a bit of light on the fastbrakes kit we need to know which kit you
are referring to.  He has a 11 inch 1 piece, 11.75 inch 2-piece, a 11 inch 2
piece HD, and a 11 inch 2 piece HD that also fits behind the stock b14
wheels.  The last is the one that I helped make.  We moved the caliper way
back and were able to get the wilwood caliper to fit behind the stock b14
wheels with a 5mm spacer.  The big advangtage is this 11 inch kit should
also fit with out a spacer behind most 15 inch aftermarket wheels.  Every
wheel I have use ends up with good clearance toward the outside of the
wheels.  If it helps the b14 wheels barely rub this kit without the spacer.
You could compare your pansports to the b14's and see which has more
clearance.  The b14's are a tight fit toward the tire and will rub with out
a spacer toward the spokes.  With the spacer it has about 4mm or so space.

Steve
98 Sentra SE
VE Powered, Finally ran a 14.3@98mph with a 2.372 60ft