dynamat placement for quieting things up

barinker@sbcglobal.net barinker@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:45:41 -0600

> That given, which are the best locations to begin applying it to?

One of the engineers here at work used to work for GM's noise and vibration
division.  He said that one of the best things for energy reduction is a big
piece of lead on the floor.

While that is true, and unpractical, he also said that he would work in this
order doors, floor, (add the trunk here if you are running subs), wheel
wells, rear deck, roof, etc.  I did the doors, where the back doors would
be, the rear wheel wells and scraps on the rear deck.  It helped (especially
doors), but not as much as I had hoped.  I'm thinking that he was right
about the floor being a pretty high priority (imagine that he is only
published over a dozen times for his research in the field).  Well if you
have any other questions I'll see if I can catch him and pick his brain.

Brett

92 classic ... slightly tweaked