re-covering stock seats?

Eric Seppanen eds@reric.net
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:35:48 -0600

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 01:06:09PM -0600, Kiser, Brian wrote:
> My stock front seats are looking pretty worn these days.  Is it still
> possible to get OEM front seat covers for a 1992 model, or will I have to go
> get custom-made?  What have the rest of you folks done?  Can an upholsterer
> match factory fabric patterns?

Well, you could ask around and find out if there's anyone in your area
with a parts car in the garage with perfect-condition seats.

I have a '92 Sentra SE-R sitting in my garage, with a perfect interior.
I'm willing to sell interior stuff, anything that I'll never use as spares
for the racecar.  Except maybe stuff that would take too long to take
apart or would be too difficult to ship from Minneapolis.

I'm guessing seats are pretty difficult to ship, because I don't think the
seat can be taken apart.  Find a way that the seats can be shipped easily
and I'll consider it.

Eric