muffler?

Ben Missele ben_missele@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:46:35 -0600

> I never said 17* was okay with 87o.  I said 91o was good to
> over 20*.  If you're running 17*, you need at *least* 89, but
> 91o would be worth it.

 I thought the spec for the SR20 was something like base timing
set at between 13 to 17 degrees. The owner's manual does not
state any specific octane requirements, so you should be able to
run 17 degrees timing with 87 octane. That's what I have been
running with my NX. I do it mostly because I'm cheap, but also
because I have heard that you should use the lowest octane
possible that does not cause detonation. Lower octane rating =
more power.

Ben
'93 NX

=====