NISsport oil pressure sending unit adapter

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 00:30:18 -0600

Kevin J. Hart wrote:

>One question about it Geo....

>You say you purposly made it beefy as to not be as likely to break as the
>T's are.  But it having its own heft, then add the heft of a big sending
>unit...wouldn't that still leave it a tad susseptable(?Spelling i know i
>suck) to snapping right at the threads?  Know there probaly havent been
>one or two of them made just yet so there isn't tons of tests with them.

Well, I ran something similar for a year on The Beast that was made by Mike
Pahls from SS.  I didn't have any problems.  To the best of my knowledge
Mike hasn't had any either, nor have other folks who were lucky enough to
get one of the adapters Mike made 3.5 years ago.

I think you will find that the brass an aluminum are just too soft.

>May be stupid, maybe overkill.  But you have the heavy stuff out on the
>end of a lever...

A 1" lever.

George Roffe
Houston, TX