starter won't disengage...

NiSMo nismo@nissanbayan.com
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:29:43 -0500

My starter doesn't disengage from the flywheel. I've tried removing it
and cleaning out the starter motor's yoke and armature and solenoid.
After putting it back on I'm still having the same problem. I'm totally
puzzled to what may be causing the problem. I'm also checked the voltage
on the solenoid switch which is directly connected to ignition. When the
ignition is engaged I get a reading of 12.4 V and when I disengage it,
the current is cut pretty much instantly. This cleared the possibilities
of having a short. I'm now lost as to further diagnosing. Any input
would be appreciated. TIA.

Mark in Manila

95' Bluebird

www.nissanbayan.com