Cyrotreating a header

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:14:21 -0500

>The only benefit gained with the rotors is extended life, no
"performance" gain.

I was helping with a local ITB BMW 2002 and we had this discussion as
well. They were averaging one day of racing on a set of stock rotors
(which is what ITB limits you to). After cryo treating, rotors last 3
racing days. Not too shabby.

As far as headers go, I would suspect that the massive shrinkage would
pull apart the weld on the way down to near zero. (absolute). The
collector area wouldn't allow that much shrink. I suggest picking a
header manufacturer with some sense and welding ability as a fix for the
problem.

-Jay