Goodbye mailing list

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:49:32 -0500

Dammit, I know I'm behind the curve for being on this list. A lot of you
have been here forever... at least it seems that way when I come across
current members in the older archives. But, I just purchased my car at the
end of last May. Though I've finally started to absorb the tons of quality
information(well, some of it anyway), I still have a long way to go.

Larry, when the idea to close the mailing list first came up a few months
ago, part of your concern was the lack of traffic from the older members who
have moved on, and the lack of newer members helping to take up some of the
slack.

Though I'm not qualified to be much more than a slack ass, I am trying. Am I
just falling through the cracks?

Do I use the forums? Of course, but mostly for the local scene
events/happenings. I prefer the mailing list because it is more "hardcore".
I enjoy it immensely, even when the information doesn't pertain to an area
of immediate interest to me... that's right, I don't filter anything out.
How else would I learn and absorb information... who knows when it would
become useful to me or others.

I've been extremely fortunate to have all my questions and advice answered
and debated. Some have laughed at my attempts to be a garage rat(that's ok,
I laugh too) and some have given me enough information to last forever. I
appreciate all of the responses I get.

I'm trying like hell to absorb information and experience as fast and well
as possible... my hope is to gain enough to actually be able to contribute
advice/answers to this list in the future.

Besides, where else could I have gone to learn that if you put a "Shiner
Bock" sticker on your car, it gives you 10 more whp?

Later,
Mark(trying to be the world's biggest sponge, steps up to the plate despite
being behind the curve)