New Dyno # (Long)

joel armstrong yesous2@comcast.net
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:08:24 -0500

First I would like to thank all of those who worked
with me in getting my car running better. You peeps
are soooo :cool: As you can see from my signature I
have the new walbro 255 & 3 inch mandrel exhaust.
I dynoed 166 hp & 169 tq on stock boost (8 psi),
I dynoed 256 & 264 on big boost (17 psi)
If you remember that's 21 more hp & 12 more tq than
before the changes on the low boost & 40 hp & 35 tq
on big boost :D  That's a big gain! I picked up power all
over the power band! 43 hp & 43 tq in some rpm places.
At 7200 rpms @ low boost I picked up 48 hp & 32 tq!
It's great. The a/f ratio changed as well, it's reading 12.1-11.1
(old# 13.7-11.9) under low boost. 12.15-10.5
(old# 13.9-13.1) under high boost from 3800 rpm where the
boost starts to stay consistent. This is where I want it correct?
Also based on the #'s boost starts to build at 2k rpms low boost
and 2400 rpms high boost. One thing that did baffle me is that
the stock boost (without the profec B on) is up to 8 instead of 7.
I had to adjust the high boost because it went down to 13.
I guess it's got something to do with the exhaust. Anyway for
the gains I've gotten I'm happy. Thanks again.
By the way if you think of a way to extract more power from
this thing let me know:D
GTIRoids
Joel & Viola Armstrong
Walk by Faith not by Sight!