wobbling

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:03:45 -0500

I have a problem I am trying to diagnose. At highway speed the steering
wheel wobbles left and right a little bit. Almost like it is chasing a
crack, but does it on smooth pavement. It is not a vibration like unbalanced
wheels. I figure it is one of two things:
-	the bushings are worn (126k on the OE) and allows too much play and
the VLSD is causing the back and forth motion.
-	It is the axles and I need to replace them.
If anyone else has an idea if this is the case or not please let me know. I
could not find a direct answer in the archives, maybe my searches are not
specific enough.
Thanks,

Brian M. Cembor
92 SE-R
126k, DT exhaust, hybrid POP/HKS intake, Azenis Sports, FSTB..